Friday, January 7, 2011

Waiting and Moving

It’s a new year. This year a new chapter is to unfold in my life! What exactly is to unfold I am still waiting on God to answer.

What does waiting really mean? I’ve been thinking a lot about that lately. This whole time I’ve been waiting I haven’t just been sitting around waiting for a voice to come down and tell me what to do. I know there are many ways to wait on God. I’ve been praying a lot for an answer from God and He keeps giving me the same answer as before… wait! So what does He mean when He says wait?

In 2 Samuel 7:10-11 God promised David rest from his enemies. Did David wait for this promise? Yes he did but he also moved towards it! He didn’t keep sitting on his throne; he went out to battle to win his victory. Sometimes God wants us to respond and sometimes He wants us to be still.

Tuesday morning I sat still before God. That afternoon I remembered something I heard a couple years ago I think. It’s that you can’t ask God to steer a parked car. Once I get moving He can start leading me. With that realization I feel Him still giving me the “go ahead” again to do what is in my heart. I know there is a lot in my heart and that it is torn different directions. I feel like my options are behind closed doors and now I must start opening them and see which one God follows me (gives me a peace) in.

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8

“[My] delight is in the Law of the Lord, And in His Law [I] meditate day and night. [I] shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season. Its leaf also shall not wither; And whatever [I] do shall prosper.” Psalms 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment