Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Homesick

Even though I had little of my own plans this month, I have tried to keep myself busy with my family’s plans. That hasn’t been working out so well. I’m finding it very hard to do nothing. Even though this time in my life has a purpose, waiting on God, I feel I don’t have a purpose. I’m a planner and I don’t like it when I don’t have a plan. Three years ago I planned to learn and grow at the Honor Academy, before graduation I made plans to move to South Africa. The four months in between the two I planned to work at two jobs and raising money to go. However, God didn’t allow me to make plans before I moved back home of what I’ll do next. So now I don’t have a plan. The plan; wait on God. Much easier said than done!

Maybe the real truth is I miss home. Even though I missed my family very much, I knew coming back wouldn’t be easy. I grew very comfortable in South Africa. It was my home. I loved my new family and friends there. Please keep praying for me and pray for my family too. I don’t really know what to tell people when they ask if it’s good to be home now. I don’t feel I am home now. I wish people would understand but most don’t. I am grateful for the ones that do. I do have to remind myself that friends don’t always have all the answers. That makes me grateful for the One that does. God truly understands and has all the answers.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment